PDA

Zobacz pełną wersję : Darth Mod 5.32

Samick
09-12-2011, 15:54
Wersja 5.0
[spoiler:3qj3jjq4]************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** **************DARTHMOD_5.0************************ ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ******
This is a non-commercial product based on the computer game "Rome Total War" published by Activision/Creative Assemply. It's purpose is to enhance the gameplay experience of this awarded game and not to be used for any profit creating reason. I have no responsibility for any undesirable effects that maybe noticed by misusing this software. All skin-developers who have allowed me to use their work to create this product and also myself have spent hundreds of hours with no money reward just for
making the TW community and ourselves happier playing this game. Our only demand is that everyone respects this work and does not attempt to use this material for any public export without our written permission. I hope that everyone is satisfied with my effort and I will reply to everyone who has comments or reports of undesired bugs.
My name is DARTH VADER in the forum of www.twcenter.net (http://www.twcenter.net)
My personal e-mail is thomadisnick@hotmail.com

---------------------------------------Installation notices------------------------------------------
-Have a fresh Install of RTW
-Patch it to 1.2
-play the prologue just once to unlock it
-Target the installation to extract to your RTW main game folder
-ENJOY!!!

-----------Skin-Creators----------
First of all, special Thanks to the following guys who have allowed me to use their work but also because this work is simply wonderfull!!!

(In alphabetical order)
----Augustus21----(for his AUG_Phalangites skin mod)
----Burebista-----(for his skins set for Carthage army)
----KALI----------(for his skins set for Parthian army)
----LAca----------(for his phalanx_pikemen, seleucid_legionaries, Numidian_Legionaries skin mods)
----meh_cd--------(for his macedonian hypaspist skin)
-------SpartanWarrior---------------(for use of his skin for macedonian heavy phalanx p.s Vlad told me it is his work and I tried to contact him but failed.
Still I mention him.)
-------Titus Andronicus & sleighr---(for use of some skins in their ptolemaic egypt mod = hellenic light cavalry, greek standard, machimoi)
---Warspite-------(for his wspite_armenians_v1.0, wspite_mercs_2.1, wspite_numidia_v1.0, wspite_pontics_1.0 skins mods)
---Webbird--------(for his complete skinpack (Rev 1.1), Wb New celts skin mods,
Copyright of Artwork and Files within this Package: U.Erdmann -skinXess- 2005 Copyright of pylos spartan cas: The Trivium Organisation)

If I accidentally use material from persons I have not mentioned above, please notify me immediately so as to update the text file.
Also I use almost all the 2d UI icons provided by them. Most 2d Icons are created by myself and also many texture skins are also created by me for example I used Augustus21 skins and skeletons to create new bronze plated phalanx unit and cavalry for Ptolemaic Egypt.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Contents of the mod^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

-Almost every aspect of Darthmod_4.5 is maintained. There have been various minor alterations to balance the map, unit attributes but the core of this mod is still there (check mods text file for details).
-60+ new units (from vanilla version) are now available. (I have erased screeching women, pigs, gladiators, dogs and some unused models just to fit these new units because I have reached the limit of the game). Also almost every default unit uses new textures (Except Spain and Scythia).
I have used the excellent work of a.m skinners and the result is virtually a total new game feel. Spent time to see every new unit. They are too many!!! They are all balanced to fit in the mod with unit cards, info, building ques etc.
A disadvantage of this is that I disable sprite model system from most new units because I have no sprites for them. So you will notice some frame rate loss in zoom out. I have tried to minimize this as more as possible.
-Unit charges are a lot more effective and eye-realistic. You will notice barbarians charging from distance and spread their formation while they shout and then crash into thick formations and causing havoc.
-Cavalry charges are even more realistic and also its manner of combat is more realistic. They will charge more efficiently, break unprepared formations, be in the move for more time automatically, once they get static will be vulnerable to infantry counterattack. Hold your breath...the cavalry charges!!!
-Ballista and scorpions get 3 pieces of artillery per battle group. They are balanced now not to be too powerful nor too weak.
-Egypt is now Ptolemaic and new Greek units are inserted so as to feel like it. Generals and officers are also Greek.
-Fixed a bug reported in my mini mod for gate fix.
-Routed troops have a larger possibility to escape from winning army.
-Elephant units number strength is reduced since now they get even more deadly but realistic
-New custom battle maps are inserted

and.....

the formation a.i and formations for human are greatly enhanced!!!!

-Human available formations are now very complicated and with a simple click you can arrange your army better than ever before. For example you can select 2 cavalry units, 1 archer, 3 spearmen and want to place them anywhere in the map. They will be automatically be arranged with a strategic fashion (Spearmen center, archer back, cavalry in the wings).If you don't like the default formation created you can group them and pick one of the new formation I have created which guarantee cohesion and
effectiveness. Also if infantry is more than 2 units it will create a double line. Previously the default formations were too simple and overstretched.
-Fixed bug that disorganised your troops when you wanted to move whole army and maintain formation. Now you can select all your army, press-alt, and move it across the map and they will keep their formation and facing in their arrival 100%.
-Ai formations and so also AI is improved. Cavalry will create thicker and more cohered assault forces and according to the formation used they will flank, support the rear, pursue the skirmishers but almost always near to the center of their army and not as isolated wandering forces. They will use hit and run tactics, retreating to the rear when overwhelmed and attacking again when support is more. Also with the new charge abilities they are a constant threat to any disorganized army. There is no straight formula heavy infantry kills spearmen, spearmen kill cavalry, cavalry kill all. You may have the best forces but if they are not cohered, will be massacred from cavalry charge. If you are prepared for the charge, you will butcher the cavalry men like the scottish peasants did in braveheart movie. And believe me, the computer in
campaign VHard does it easily now!
-Generals fatality is greatly reduced. They will remain to the rear of the army giving orders, attacking when necessary and retreating again and again. In almost all my battles they survived to the end, or even my general was killed first.
-Elephants and chariots will start and attack in front of the army or remain at the rear and give archery support charging at the right time. They will not be placed in the wings as a skirmish force.(Idiotic)
-2 new roman formations are created by myself that will be mostly used by Romans, Carthaginians in campaign mode. Human players can use them anytime as they are put in ready made available group formations.
They use the maniple roman system which the first uses a screen of missile infantry then a group of separate thick-box formation pilum fighters and to the rear a thick double line with various troops-spearmen. Cavalry is put to the rear and to the wings. The second formation is using a larger square box-formation force ahead and a smaller support force to the rear. Cavalry will be on the wings. These formations have a great attacking potential when used by romans (historically they won the battles...)
-Skirmishers will be used more effectively by the computer in almost every occasion. They will seldomly charge stupidly at the start of the battle. They will support the rear with missiles to the end!!!
-Sieges are now greatly enhanced! The AI will effectively use archers to support the attackers. The attackers will spread more effectively and attack a wider range of the castles while a decent support force will aid each machine (according to available forces). Before only a single unit carrying the machine joined the attack while the other wandered. Also the rest of the troops will keep a safer distance than before.
-Bridge battles are also improved but need more testing...
-Ambushed forces start with double column formation.(Before it was too thin = 1 column and historically only suicidal generals could use it)

I RECOMMEND PLAYING THIS GAME FOR
CAMPAIGN: HARD MAP/VERY HARD BATTLE
CUSTOM BATTLES: MEDIUM OR HARD

To understand the full effectiveness of the mod to AI you must play the campaign game because better generals are used.

Final personal opinion = This game is like a living organism. No other game gives so much freedom to create so different things. Every alteration transforms the game like it is alive. I think the programmers have done a perfect general job that is spoiled by their inability or lazyness to balance minor details that surely play a
vital role to the gameplay. So here come, we, the modders to supplement their work and create various versions of the game as we like it.
Maybe this was their secret mission afterall, to create a community to have something to talk to each other. After all, if the game was too perfect, we would not have time or there will be no meaning for all this brainstorming and thus less advertising....

****latest news****7-6-2005
-I have inserted sprites for all units. Now the game runs smoothly as water!!!
-Also I swapped the silver shield pikemen skin with a skin in a mod called "Redesigned Phalangites Mod".
Because in the readme txt the name of the author is not mentioned and the twcenter dwnld section is messed up
I cannot find his name. I want to thank this creator as well but he has to tell me his name.
-made siege rams easily flammable again because in large walls, the boiling oil is bugged and pours endlessly destroying every good effort of the AI.

Special thanks to friend Orion for his help in creating the intro image of Darthmod

****Final Thanks and not least I thank TWcenter for giving me their professional support for the personal forum and upload of my mod.****
************************************************** ************************************************** *************************************

Corrects the known CTD bug ans some other.[/spoiler:3qj3jjq4]

Co nowego w patchu 5.32
[spoiler:3qj3jjq4]**********DarthMod_patch_Version_5.3.2**********

Installation instructions:

-I am sorry for the inconvenience of installing in to my prior patch.This is corrected.
-Have installed (properly!) the DarthMod_5.0 as per instructions of Mod.
-Target your RTW directory (browse) and apply the installer.
For example: C:\games\Activision\Rome - Total War
and not C:\games\Activision\Rome - Total War\DATA=wrong

What it contains (as addition to DarthMod_5.0)

-Sprites for Samnite Mercenaries
-Some minor balances to attributes of units, building costs and supports.
One effect will be even better help to AI to build powerful balanced armies.
-Compatibility with any music mod
-DarthFormations_6.0
(Which correct the following:
1)A CA bug that made sometimes the AI when defending to have one single unit
very much in front of its army(the general most of the times) and be suicidal.
2)When you move anywhere a bunch of units there will be created a single line of 4
units and then if more will start a double line creation.(Previously it was for 2)
3)Eradicated a bugged AI CA command that made the AI overly aggressive
(especially in higher level of difficulties) and be suicidal. He will now pose a so
difficult defence or attack you so strategically, almost as a good human player.
You will notice a big difference also in siege+bridge battles where the AI will not
be suicidal at all or very seldomly.(according to general)
4)Minor balancements in already good custom formations
5)Corrected Human formations
-Phalanxes will have an area effect in frond of spears that will cause a very realistic touch to their use. The wall of spears will break realistically and not with any single pass of troops and cavalry will have a harder time breaking it + the AI will try to avoid the area of spears more.
-“Project Mass” is completed with many new adjustments to mass of units for an awesome and realistic effect of battles. Now even infantry charges can break formations (like cavalry) and the units fight like they are real and not as sitting rocks.
They will dynamically swap formations, reform, respond to flank attacks swifter and their formations will be like they are alive and not computer like. Elephants will toss infantry with realism and not to the limits of the sky like they are supernatural! And many more…
-Unshielded cavalry like Macedonian Companions will have an advantage in fatality factor and thus a fine balancement to inflict critical hits, for compensation to the large disadvantage (previously) in prolonged combat with shielded cavalry.
-Inserted Greek Medium Cavalry in building chain for Egypt. (It was forgotten..sorry)
-Made balancements so that Cavalry is not overpowered, Phalanx will realistically have a bonus over it, made them more vulnerable to projectile fire (all these addressed by the community)

Extra:
-If you use CC_lite_music_Mod I have created a small enhancement for it (Cannot live without modding...)

********Patch_5.3********
-Formations are changed to 6.5 version.
1)Created new dynamic swapping system for the AI to use for each formation he uses. For example when AI attacks he will drag his archers back to protect them and go forth with his heavy shielded infantry to withstand your bow fire. No more suicidal skirmishers-archers.
2)Given off-sets to attack formations so that they arrive in correct spot and begin their attack at full formation and not maneuver idiotically while you massacre him with projectiles or you attack him and he still wanders…
3)Have completely used new formation defence AI system. No longer isolated AI forces will attack you with no purpose. When you attack AI (he defends) he will use all map available to maneuver, skirmish, predate and act generally as a cunning opponent. Never again seen AI behaviour like that. You must test it.
4)New formation “Alexander the Great’s Phalanx” will be used from AI quite seldomly and when proportion of cavalry and phalanx is high.
5)Sieges+bridges battles enhanced
6)Generals behave even more cleverly and with heroism in certain circumstances.

-Re-newed completely the battle system!
Have made various adjustments to polish my greatly accepted battle system
Some general accomplishments are:
-Violence and tension is greatly seen in battles as each charge, rush volley makes its hard impact on the mass of troops.
-Cavalry is tweaked to behave truly magnificently in the battlefield but with realistic disadvantages.(also corrected a bug effect that caused cavalry to overmass in a single spot. Now will fight as solid troops with mass and area control.)
-Phalanxes will be powerful but prone to break their formation from flank or careful frontal assaults by strong units (like Romans) and if that happens they are massacred.
-Romans will have a true advantage with their gladius and pilum fighting. This will be seen realistically. They are still not overpowered but their superiority is shown more delicately.
-non spear infantry will have better chance to break phalanxes, will be vulnerable to cavalry attacks and spearmen can be a good force to stop cavalry when in cohesion.
-Long lance cavalry will be ideal cavalry-defenders.
-Generally the battle effect will approach realism as close as possible (together with my new formations)

********Patch_5.3.2********
-Formations are changed to 6.6 version.(corrects the CTD error)
-Made some adjustments so as AI roman,greek_cities,seleucid,carthage builds better campaign armies

To live the experience fully you must have my DarthMod_5.0 installed and patch it to 5.3 with this.
You can still use only the formations but you will never experience these new settings.

Creator = DARTH VADER (TWcenter Forum)
thomadisnick@hotmail.com[/spoiler:3qj3jjq4]

Linki:
Wersja 5.0
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/download ... ile&id=565 (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=565)

Patch 5.32
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/download ... ile&id=571 (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=571)